If you are struggling to find the 3d printer control board among the pool of available on the market, do not fret. We have compiled an extensive list of the top 10 3d printer control board for 2022 for your convenience. Check out the list below that was compiled after long hours of research. Continue reading!
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
10 Best 3d printer control board Reviews
1. BIGTREETECH SKR Pro v1.2 32-bit Motherboard high-Frequency 3D Printer Control Board, Support TMC5160, TMC2208, TMC2130, TFT28, TFT32, TFT35, 12864LCD ect.
- The main control uses the ARM-level Cortex-M4 series with a 32-bit dominant frequency of 168 MHz STM32F407ZGT6 chip, performance is greatly improved.
- Equipped with highly modular open source firmware Marlin2.0, it is convenient for users to DIY and further-development, to avoid the worry of not being able to master the core code.
- Motor driver support :TMC5160,TMC2208,TMC2130,ST820,LV8729, DRV8825,A4988, etc.Display screen support: BIGTREETECH- 2.8 inch TFT,BIGTREETECH-3.5 inch TFT, LCD2004,LCD12864.
- Support Serial WIFI Online Printing. 6 motor drives, 3 extruders, 3 CNC fans. Reserve extended ports of BL Touch, PWM, ADC, UART, I2C and SPI;Support power-off continuous printing, material cut detection, shutdown and other functions;Support for dual Z axis printers (series dual Z.
Additional Info :
2. Bigtreetech Direct 3D Printer Control Board Octopus V1.1 32Bit Control Silent Board Up to 8 Stepper Drivers Support Running Klipper and Marlin
- ꕥ1.【Main Control Chip】: Uses a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 series STM32F446ZET6 main control chip with a core frequency of 180MHz.Notice: Input voltage, only 24V is supported, 12V is not allowed
- ꕥ2.【Update Firmware: Klipper/Marlin】Supports firmware update via DFU mode. This is where the firmware is sent to the board directly from the PC and does not require a bootloader however this method is not recommended for novice users as discussed later in this document.
- ꕥ3.【Support Display】: Supports all versions of BIGTREETECH TFT screens and LCD12864 screens, not support SPI type screen, like TFT35 SPI screen).
- ꕥ4.【CAN BUS 】: Supports CAN-BUS using a 6P6C RJ11 interface, which offers the board the ability to interface with future expansion modules.
- ꕥ5.【Online printing / Offline printing】Supports “print from SD card” and “print via USB OTG” using the integrated USB-A port；Includes USB-C interface which supports an emulated serial port that allows printing via USB
Additional Info :
3. BIGTREETECH SKR Mini E3 V2.0 Control Board 32Bit New Upgrade for Creality Ender 3, with TFT35 E3 V3.0 Graphic Smart Display Controller Board 3D Printer Parts
- 【TFT35 E3 V3.0】 ARM Cortex-M3 series STM32F207VCT6 chip with 32-bit CPU 120MHz; Upgrade the firmware by SD card. It is easy and convenient to operate.
- 【SKR Mini E3 V2.0】 ARM Cortex-M3 Series STM32F103RCT6 Master Controller with 32-bit Main Frequency of 72MHz Chip;Integrate UART mode of TMC2209 to simplify debugging of motherboard and driver.Reserve expansion ports for TMC2209 pins to facilitate users to use DIAG instead of Endstop.
- 【TFT35 E3 V3.0】 This display board has higher compatibility. Users can select two work modes:UART serial port screen mode and 12864 screen mode;Serial port screen mode supports two printing modes: SD card and U disk.
- 【TFT35 E3 V3.0】 LCD12864 mode uses EXP1, EXP2 and EXP3. EXP1 and EXP2 are LCD screen ports of normal motherboard. EXP3 is the LCD interface used by E3 series motherboard (such as SKR MINI E3 V1.2, SKR E3 DIP V1.1, etc.)
Additional Info :
4. BIGTREETECH 3D Printer Upgrade Motherboard Octopus V1.1 Control Board 32bit Compatible TMC2209, TMC2208 Driver, Support DIY Klipper Firmware and Raspberry Pi Online Printing for Voron 3D Printer
- 【Main Control Chip】Uses a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 series STM32F446ZET6 main control chip with a core frequency of 180MHz.
- 【Strong DIY Support】This motherboard supports up to 8 stepper drivers with 9 stepper driver outputs in total; And up to 6 PWM fans and 2 always-on fans with the ability to individually select the voltage rail that will drive each fan. Select from Vin, 12V or 5V.
- 【Realize Online Printing】Interfaces with a Raspberry Pi using emulated serial over USB or direct UART to any of the serial ports on the board, to realize Klipper Firmware and Raspberry Pi Online Printing.
- 【Motherboard Expansion Function】Support BLTouch, locked-rotor detection, shutdown after printing, resume printing after power failure, CAN bus, U disk function, IIC expansion; at the same time reserved WIFI interface, PT100 thermistor interface (optional, Only reserved interfaces, customers need to purchase chip welding, please pay attention.), dual Z-axis printer.
- 【Increase Protection Function】Uses high-performance MOSFETs to increase heating efficiency while also reducing heat generation on the motherboard. Supports “print from SD card” and “print via USB OTG” using the integrated USB-A port.
Additional Info :
5. HiLetgo RAMPS 1.4 Control Panel 3D Printer Control Board Reprap Control Board for Arduino Mega 2560
- The fifth stepper motor output port can be customized as a Z-axis motor or a second extruder.
- Can be extended to control other accessories.
- Three field effect transistors, three heater / fan output ports, three thermistor circuits.
- Heated bed control, extra 11A fuse.
- Pololu board foot socket, can be easily replaced or removed.
Additional Info :
6. BIGTREETECH Octopus V1.0 Pro 32Bit Control Board 3D Printer Parts Upgrade SKR PRO Supports Up to 8 Stepper Drivers 60V Stepper Motor Klipper RRF and Marlin
- 【Main Control Chip】The main control board uses 32-bit ARM-level Cortex-M4 series STM32F446ZE chip with a frequency of up to 180MHz.
- 【Support 60V Input】Supports up to 8 3D printer motherboards with a maximum 60V stepper motor. The motor drive power supply supports up to 60V input (only for the motor drive power supply).
- 【6 Controllable Fans】Up to 6 controllable fans, two normally open fans, and both support power supply voltage, 12V, 5V options.
- 【Update Firmware: Klipper/Marlin/RRF】Supports firmware update via DFU mode. This is where the firmware is sent to the board directly from the PC and does not require a bootloader however this method is not recommended for novice users as discussed later in this document.
- 【Level conversion IC】Supports proximity sensor, jumper optional pull-up resistor, supports more models, supports BL Touch.
Additional Info :
7. BIGTREETECH SKR 2 Control Board for 3D Printer New Upgrade Silent Board Based on SKR V1.4 Turbo Motherboard for BIQU B1 Compitable TMC2209/2208, DRV8825 Support TFT Display, LCD, (with 5pcs TMC2209)
- 💥Integrates a AOZ1284PI power regulator which supports 12-24V power input and a maximum output current of 4A – enough to power external components such as LEDs and even a raspberry pi;
- 💥Includes a protection circuit on thermistor inputs which protects against short circuits between the heater cartridge and the bed heating element. This is a common mistake made by many users when replacing a nozzle or working on the hotend so we expect this feature to be a welcome one;
- 💥The TMC2209 stepper driver is not easy to lose steps and is in an ultra-quiet mode; the module has a large area of heat dissipation pad, which can reduce the temperature of the driver when it is working; the module supports three modes: STEP / DIR and UART.
- 💥TMC Motor drivers can be used in SPI or UART mode by simply adjusting the onboard jumpers beneath each motor driver. Additionally you can connect or disconnect the TMC DIAG pin using an onboard jumper allowing you to use hard endstops or sensorless homing without the need to cut any pins.
- 💥Includes an additional heater protection circuit which protects against runaway heating on the bed and hotend heaters. By default, the heaters are off so if the MCU or MOSFETs are damaged, the heaters will shut down instead of enter into thermal runaway;
Additional Info :
8. BIGTREETECH Direct SKR Mini E3 V2.0 32Bit Silent Control Board Integrated with TMC2209 UART Stepper Motor Driver for Upgrade Ender 3 Pro/5 3D Printer
- 🎅【Product Name】SKR MINI E3 V2.0, Version: V2.0.
- 🎅【MOS Tube】The hot-bed MOS tube uses WSK220N04, a low on-resistance, a larger heat dissipation area and reduces heat generation
- 🎅【Advantage】Optimize the plate and the frame to avoid the phenomenon of screw hole gaps. Avoid the phenomenon of screws hitting components.
- 🎅【Functions】Supports BLtouch, detection of blocked rotation, resumption of shutdown, shutdown after shutdown, etc .;Functions】： Supports BLtouch, detection of blocked rotation, resumption of shutdown, shutdown after shutdown, etc .
- 🎅【SKR Mini E3 V2.0 Firmware】: Please search BIGTREETECH at GitHub.
Additional Info :
9. KEYESTUDIO 3D Printer Controller Board RAMPS 1.4 REPRAP Mendel PRUSA with Stepper Jumper Screw Terminal Block for Arduino Mega and ramps 1.4 Projects
- It has total 5 slots for stepper motor drive module to drive 5-channel stepper motors. The slots are compatible with all kinds of drive modules like A4988, DEV8825.
- There are 3 jumper caps under each slot, which can be used to control the working subdivision of drive modules.
- For example, if connect the A4988 and plug three jumpers, the subdivision port MS1、MS2 and MS3 of A4988 module are at active HIGH, so the A4988 module is in 16-subdivision working mode.
- But if unplug the three jumpers, MS1、MS2 and MS3 of A4988 module are at active LOW, so the A4988 module is in full-step working mode.
10. BIGTREETECH SKR PRO V1.2 3D Printer Control Board 32-bit CPU Mother Board Support TMC2208 Stepper Motor Driver TFT35 Touch Screen for 3D Printer Part
- √1.【SKR PRO V1.2】：Aiming at some problems existing in 3D printed motherboards in the market. Bigtree Technology Co., Ltd. launched a high performance 3D printer master board with STM32F407ZGT6 as the core controller.
- √2. 【Main Chip】:The main control uses the ARM-level Cortex-M4 series with a 32-bit dominant frequency of 168 MHz STM32F407ZGT6 chip, performance is greatly improved;
- √3.【Easy to Use】:Equipped with highly modular open source firmware Marlin2.0, it is convenient for users to DIY and further-development, to avoid the worry of not being able to master the core code
- √4.【Display】:BIGTREETECH-2.8-inchTFT, and BIGTREETECH-3.5-inchTFT
color touch screens are compatible, as are LCD2004 and LCD12864 screens
- √5.【Dual Z】: Support for dual Z axis printers (series dual Z);6 motor drives, 3 extruders, 3 CNC fans
Additional Info :
Top 10 Recommendations and Buying Guide for 3d printer control boards in 2022
Consider the Following Factors Before Purchasing Your First 3d printer control board.
Look up any product reviews on Google using the search bar. market place products take the top spot, right? People should be running after market place products for a reason.
market place is not only a trusted platform, but it also communicates directly with manufacturers. For instance, what is more feasible for you – buying a new laptop from a retailer or directly from a manufacturer?
We would undoubtedly choose the latter option.
With thousands of manufacturers around the world, market place functions like a third party. It might be a plus point of market place that it provides a comprehensive guide for each laptop model.
There are vivid descriptions of all the product available on consumer reports, so it becomes easy to decide.
You can, for instance, go through the guide that contains information about the 3d printer control board specifications, including their function, brand, and size.
Do you need a 3d printer control board that has a specific feature? market place has your back. You can browse through the list of preferred laptops using its best search tools. Select the one that matches your key feature expectations.
Doing your own research on the 3d printer control board is crucial. When buying, you might ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the 3d printer control board worth buying?
- What are the benefits of 3d printer control board purchase?
- What factors should be considered when buying functional 3d printer control boards?
- Even with lower quality 3d printer control boards, why is an investment in 3d printer control boards considered important?
- What are some good 3d printer control boards in this market?
- How will you find enough information on the 3d printer control board?
Your curious mind will have come up with way more questions related to 3d printer control board than what appears on this list. Thus, one way to satisfy your curiosity is to gather as much information as you can from renowned online sources.
Advantages of Buying Products from market place
The benefits of buying 3d printer control boards, and other items from market place go beyond those mentioned above. Here are some of them:
Prices at the best price
market place provides the most amazing deals on many of its products, it goes without saying. Platforms work with a group of dealers and dealers to provide the best prices. Therefore, many intermediaries are cut, lowering the overall price of many items.
A global company, market place has branches, stores, and offices all over the world. They have a better delivery mechanism than other e-commerce platforms. Furthermore, their active customer service is just the cherry on top.
A large selection
Globally, market place has a huge customer base, as well as a huge seller base. As a result, you have access to a wide variety of products and services every day. What is your benefit?
Fishing can be done in many different ways. If you want to buy a hairdryer, you can view the various prices, models, and specs on the market place website. Select the best one from your preferred seller.
Credibility is another advantage of purchasing from the market place website. market place has earned many positive customer reviews from its target audience worldwide since it has been in business for so long.
How to choose 3d printer control board
When it comes to electronics, market place is the undefeated champion.
A newbie might, however, find it challenging to choose a 3d printer control board. Even for early users, choosing the best product can be a challenge.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing a 3d printer control board on market place:
Anyone would want the best deal. In this case, price is the most important consideration, especially if you purchase 3d printer control boards from market place.
It’s unlikely you’ll meet a person who doesn’t enjoy buying decent products at affordable prices. You can avail yourself of different price ranges from different sellers on market place, compare them, and then choose the one you like best.
When purchasing 3d printer control boards from market place, you need to evaluate the brand. Different sellers market different types of brands, so you need to know how to differentiate between them to make the right choice.
High-end products like Apple, for instance, have a high brand image, so they are more expensive than less popular brands.
Before purchasing a 3d printer control board, you must comprehend its operability. Mostly, it depends on the specifications of the product.
The more complicated the specs, the greater the functionality.
Customer Reviews From Old Users
This is what most smart buyers do. Old customers often provide feedback on their experience with 3d printer control board.
Scroll down the product page to see the review. They are usually displayed on the same product page.
If you read reviews, you can determine if the brand you are going for to buy 3d printer control board is good or bad!
That’s all you needed to know before getting a 3d printer control board. Best of luck with your new purchase! Please let us know what you think!