If you open the microwave and find a soggy slice of leftover pizza, you quickly lose the enthusiasm!
We have the solution if you have had trouble reheating pizza properly in the past. The best way to reheat pizza is by using an air fryer, and your pizza will be crispy and piping hot in no time.
What is the best way to reheat pizza in an air fryer? The air fryer makes it easy to reheat pizza. Once you follow the directions for using the air fryer, put a slice or two into the basket and let it reheat for a few minutes.
If you want the best-reheated pizza from your air fryer, there are some additional tips and steps you need to follow, so keep reading to discover the best ways to reheat pizza in the air fryer!
What Is An Air Fryer?
This post might convince you to buy an air fryer if you do not have one at home. There’s always a lot of hype about air fryers, but are they worth the hype?
You must understand how air fryers work in order to understand the popularity of these home appliances. Air fryers function like countertop convection ovens, but how they work differs from how an oven would bake something.
There is a heating mechanism and a fan constructed into the top section of an air fryer. From the heating mechanism, hot air rushes down towards the food which is then circulated rapidly by the fan.
After deep-frying, the food comes out crispy and cooked through.
You only need to use a very small amount of oil, and sometimes none at all. It doesn’t matter how little oil you use in the air fryer; food still cooks beautifully crispy – that’s why families rave about it!
Can You Reheat Pizza In An Air Fryer?
Air fryers can be used to reheat pizza, and it is ridiculously simple to do so. The process is similar to microwave pizza reheating, but the results are better.
Air fryers work similarly to ovens in reheating pizza.
As a result, the pizza does not become soggy, but instead crisps up perfectly as far as the oven preheats and the pizza warms up in the oven.
A simple air fryer is the best way to reheat your pizza at home, especially if you don’t have a lot of time but want it crisp and delicious.
Air fryers can, on the other hand, be used to reheat pizza in the oven. You will only run into the problem that you can’t fit an entire pizza inside, and may have to microwave 2-3 slices at a time.
To make sure your reheated pizza slices are crispy, do not stack or overlap the pizza slices in your air fryer, as the air is not able to circulate around them well.
Even reheating a few pizza slices at a time will not be a problem because air fryers are quick and convenient.
Benefits Of Reheating Pizza In An Air Fryer
If you want to reheat pizza in an air fryer, you have so many great reasons to do so. Additionally, you can cook a variety of other things in an air fryer, such as reheating and cooking.
The air fryer is a quicker method of heating food such as pizza slices and other items. The air fryer must be heated first, but it requires far less time than an oven to do so.
In just a few minutes, you can cook your food in the air fryer, and you only have to reheat the pizza for a brief period.
Although microwaves are quicker than air fryers, they do not deliver the same results, as reheating pizza in a microwave produces soggy, mushy results.
Air fryers do not require you to lay down any aluminum foil or baking paper, as you might have to do when using a baking tray in the oven.
Cooking the pizza slices in the air fryer is as simple as placing them directly on the rack. Although it is not always necessary to spray non-stick spray on the rack, it may be useful if you really wanted to.
Makes Pizza Crispy
Using a microwave to reheat pizza will result in soggy, rubbery results. In addition to taking too long, you can’t always ensure perfect results when reheating pizza.
A heated air fryer will, however, create a crispy crust and gooey cheese, a combination that makes for a delicious, fresh-tasting pizza!
Reheat Any Pizza
The type of pizza that can be reheated in an air fryer is unlimited. All types of pizza taste great when they are reheated in the air fryer, whether they are homemade, store-bought, or deli-bought!
The air fryer does not require any additional oil for reheating pizza. Reheat the pieces by placing them on the air fryer rack.
You don’t miss out on great-tasting food either, since this method is a healthier way to reheat and cook different types of food.
How To Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer
When you follow a few simple steps, you will be able to create some fantastic, crispy pizza once it is reheated.
- To prepare your air fryer, preheat it to the correct temperature. This temperature is 325°F for thin-crust pizzas. Prepare the air fryer for 350°F for a thick crust pizza.
- Slices should be placed in the basket one after another until space is full. Slices of pizza should not be overcrowded in the basket, and there should be some room between them to allow air to circulate within the air fryer.
- Let the pizza reheat for 4 minutes in the air fryer basket.
- The pizza should be fresh and hot when you remove it from the air fryer. Keep it air-fried for a few more minutes if not done.
- Several slices of pizza would need to be reheated in batches if you have a large order. Each batch will only require you to follow steps 2-4. You won’t have to preheat the air fryer each time.
The following recipe will guarantee that you will have freshly reheated, crispy pizza slices no time at all!
Tips For Reheating Pizza In The Air Fryer
If you want the best results when you reheat pizza in the air fryer, you should follow a few tips and tricks.
You can improve the quality of your reheated pizza significantly by adjusting a few things here and there and avoiding some things.
Check out these tips on how to reheat pizza in an air fryer!
- In the basket of the air fryer, do not overlap the pizza slices. This will prevent the hot air of the air fryer from circulating properly, thus preventing the pizza from reheating properly. Slices should be taken in small quantities.
- It is best to group slices by size if you are reheating many at once. You might find that some slices are smaller than others, so it’s a good idea to reheat smaller pieces together and then larger ones. So, smaller pieces won’t dry out or burn as the larger ones warm up.
- In the case of browning too quickly or burning before the pizza has fully heated, you can lower the temperature a bit. Try decreasing it by 25°F to see if it helps.
- Before putting your crust into the air fryer, you can drizzle some garlic butter or cooking oil onto it to give it some extra flavor. It will also crisp up more, become golden, and have a more flavorful texture!
Should I Keep Toppings On The Pizza?
Pepperoni pizza can be reheated in the air fryer even if it has toppings.
The toppings, however, can be removed from the pizza slices before reheating in the air fryer if you do not wish them to dry out and crisp up (especially if they were burned initially).
Whenever the pizza is cold, remove any toppings, such as pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, or olives.
Place the pizza slices in the basket of the air fryer and heat the cheese and sauce.
Pull the basket out one minute before the pizza slices are heated up. After placing the toppings back on the pizza slices (the slices will be hot), put the basket back in the air fryer.
As the pizza reheats, the toppings will remain relatively warm, instead of burning or crisping.
All of the pizza’s toppings will be properly reheated, and nothing will be burned or overcooked!
Can I Reheat Frozen Pizza In The Air Fryer?
Do you have the option of reheating frozen pizza in the air fryer or cooking it in an air fryer if it is frozen? In the air fryer you can cook frozen pizza very easily.
In this case, however, you will have to slice the pizza beforehand or use mini pizzas, since most air fryers cannot hold a whole pie!
Using an air fryer, you can prepare frozen pizzas as follows:
- The basket of the air fryer needs to be sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place the pizza in the air fryer basket after removing any plastic packaging.
- 380°F for 8 minutes is the correct air temperature for cooking frozen pizza.
- Once the pizza has been cooking for 8 minutes, check that it is hot all the way through. It might need a few more minutes in the air fryer if it isn’t fully cooked.
- Enjoy your pizza after it has cooled and been removed from the oven!
Note that cooking times will vary based on the kind of pizza. As an example, deep-dish pizza takes longer than thin crust pizza to cook. Consider this when determining how long the pizza should cook for!
Can I Reheat Pizza Twice?
You should not reheat food more than once, since this can cause bacteria to grow, which can result in foodborne illness.
If you don’t intend to eat your food immediately, do not reheat it. Temperature fluctuations can cause the food to spoil if you leave it out for hours, or if you place it back in the fridge and then reheat it again.
It is a good idea to heat up a minimum amount of pizza first if you have a few slices in the fridge, but are not sure how many you are going to eat.
The air fryer will reheat the slices quickly for you if you are still hungry after this!
How Long Can I Keep Leftover Pizza In The Fridge?
Ideally, leftover pizza should be eaten within 3-4 days after storing in the fridge. Slices of pizza should be stored in an airtight container and should not come in contact with other items in the refrigerator.
After eating pizza that has sat in the fridge too long, bacteria can grow and you will become ill.
If it remains in the fridge for too long, it will lose its taste and texture, so you will not be able to eat it as well as if it was consumed within the recommended time frame.
Let’s take a look at a few related questions on how to reheat pizza in an air fryer, now that we’ve discussed how to do it!
How do you reheat pizza in the microwave without it becoming soggy?
If you microwave pizza, it won’t become soggy.
In the microwave, place a glass of water and a microwave-safe dish next to your pizza. You should be able to warm the pizza through without it being soggy after 45 seconds!
As long as it does not become too hot, you can warm it up for longer than 45 seconds, just keep checking every 30 seconds.
How do you reheat pizza so that it is not soggy?
You can use aluminum foil directly onto the oven rack to reheat pizza so it becomes crispy and not soggy.
By doing so, the bottom and top of the pizza are heated evenly and are crisped to perfection.