It’s impossible to describe cinnamon rolls without mentioning how delicious they are. A bite of this rich, moist, and warm treat will lift your spirits.
Cinnamon rolls that are stored and frozen may lose their softness and moisture. Because of this, you must reheat them after storing if you desire to reap the benefits of their goodness.
So, how do you reheat cinnamon rolls? Ideally, cinnamon rolls should be reheated in an oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. This prevents them from becoming soggy and keeps their texture intact.
The process can also be done in a less time-consuming manner. This guide will discuss the best methods of reheating cinnamon rolls, including how to do it. Let’s get started!
How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls In The Oven
Cinnamon rolls can be reheated in the oven the most convenient way. Let’s see how to reheat in the oven step by step.
- Get your oven ready by preheating it. Preheating the oven to 350°F or 156°C is necessary.
- Cinnamon rolls should be arranged. Cover the cinnamon rolls with aluminum foil and arrange them on a baking tray.
- Warm them up in the oven. Bake them for a few minutes. About 10 to 15 minutes should do it. Cinnamon rolls may take up to 25 minutes if they’re still frozen.
Quick Tip: If you aren’t using frosting for your cinnamon rolls, brush some butter on them. Besides keeping the cinnamon rolls soft and mushy, it will also allow them to turn golden brown.
Pros Of Reheating In The Oven:
- Temperature uniformity in the heating process
- A large oven is perfect for reheating cinnamon rolls
- The food does not become soggy when reheated
Cons Of Reheating In The Oven:
- Method that takes a lot of time
- If cinnamon rolls are not covered with foil, they may become a bit dry
The best way to reheat cinnamon rolls is to use an oven if you have a lot of time and a lot of rolls.
How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls In The Microwave
Would you like to eat warm cinnamon rolls in a hurry or just can’t wait? Is someone unexpectedly visiting? Don’t worry! Microwaves are at your service!
Cinnamon rolls are best reheated in the microwave. Follow these steps:
- You can place your cinnamon rolls on a dish or plate that can be microwaved and place it inside the microwave. If there is no frosting on them, brush some butter on top.
- Incorporate a glass of water into the microwave along with the cinnamon rolls. Doing so prevents the cinnamon rolls from drying out.
- You need to set a timer. It should take 30 second to 1 minute in the microwave.
You’ll be able to eat them as soon as they’re done.
Pros Of Reheating In Microwave:
- Fast and easy (takes up to one minute)
- Cinnamon rolls are good for a few
Cons of Reheating In Microwave:
- It is possible that the texture will change
- Rolls made of cinnamon are prone to becoming soggy
- Cinnamon rolls too big for a single pan
Consider reheating your rolls in a microwave if you simply want to warm them up quickly!
How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls In The Pan
Even with no oven or microwave, you can still cook! Whether you make cinnamon rolls from scratch or buy them, you can reheat them in the oven. Let’s take a look at how to do it:
- Turn on the stove and place a pan there. Set it to medium heat. Excessive heat might lead to the cinnamon rolls burning.
- The pan needs to warm up.
- In a baking dish, arrange the cinnamon rolls. Protect the pan from drying out with a lid.
- Heat for about ten minutes. Take care not to burn the rolls.
You’re good to go once they’ve gotten hot enough!
Pros of Reheating In Pan:
- Provides easy access
- Temperatures and warmth that are uniform
Cons of Reheating In Pan:
- Burning risk
- Continually requires attention
- Method that takes a lot of time
- Cinnamon rolls are not suitable for this amount
As a last resort, this method should only be used if there is no oven or microwave available.
How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls In The Air Fryer
Yes, you read that correctly! In an air fryer, you can reheat cinnamon rolls. Both methods work pretty well.
Therefore, follow these steps:
- A temperature of 350°F or 176°C should be set for the air fryer.
- Oil the air fryer basket by brushing or spraying it.
- On the basket, place the cinnamon rolls. Butter can be brushed on top of the ones without frosting if there aren’t any.
- 3 minutes is about right for reheating the cinnamon rolls. Let them sit for another minute or two if necessary.
Quick Tip: If you’re concerned that the icing will melt and ruin the air fryer, place parchment paper on the basket, but be sure to check out this article for the proper way to do this!
Pros of Reheating In Air Fryer:
- Reheating quickly
- Easy to use
Cons of Reheating In Air Fryer:
- Cinnamon rolls can only be reheated a few at a time
- Using parchment paper makes the air fryer easier to clean
- Using too much oil will result in soggy or burned cinnamon rolls
You can use the air fryer if you prefer it.
How To Store Cinnamon Rolls For Reheating
Storing your cinnamon rolls well will prevent them from drying out when reheated. Luckily, we have some tips to make sure your cinnamon rolls stay fresh!
Tip 1: Know Where To Store Them
The first step is to prepare a place for storing the cinnamon rolls. This can be done in three ways:
- In a room temperature environment. Unless you plan on eating your cinnamon rolls within 3 days, you can simply keep them out of your sight! Rather than thaw them or reheat them slowly, you can reheat them quickly.
- Refrigerated. Keeping cinnamon rolls for about 1 week in the fridge is recommended. That way, they’ll stay fresh when reheated and won’t be too frozen.
- Frozen. You should freeze cinnamon rolls if you intend to store them for longer than one week. If you reheat frozen cinnamon rolls, it may take longer. Cinnamon rolls can be kept in the freezer for around three months.
Tip 2: Use An Airtight Container
Cinnamon rolls may become dried out if they are kept in the open. That would be a big problem for us!
To ensure the moisture does not escape, use airtight containers. Keeping them somewhat moist is the best method.
Tip 3: Wrap Your Cinnamon Rolls
To prevent moisture from escaping, you can use aluminum foil or saran wrap rather than an airtight container. If needed, pour the items into a freezer bag.
When Do Cinnamon Rolls Go Bad?
The cinnamon rolls remain fresh for three days when stored at room temperature. If they are reheated afterward, they may become stale.
They remain fresh for up to 3 months if you have stored them in the freezer. There will be a noticeable difference in taste after 1-2 weeks because frozen yeast products typically lose their actual taste.
There are a few ways to reheat cinnamon rolls, and we’ve listed four of the best ones below.
Ovens are best for keeping rolls moist and preventing sogginess.
Microwaves and air fryers are also good choices for fast heating. Using a pan and stove is your last resort if none of the above are available.
Ultimately, it comes down to your preference!