Coffee and tea taste the best when it is hot. But whether you are a slow drinker or not, we have all left our hot drink for too long till it turned ice cold. And it is especially hard to beat it in the chilly winter.
That is where a mug warmer can become your best friend! But you need the best mug warmer to get the most out of the experience. However, others’ best is not necessarily the same as yours, is it?
Top 5 Best Mug Warmer: Editor Recommended
It can get complicated, but we are here to make things easier! We have reviewed the most hyped and appreciated ones ranging in different prices along with a simple perspective guide that will help you put all the pieces in place.
9 Best Mug Warmer Reviews
We understand everyone has different standards for coffee or tea etc., and different requirements as well. So, we have compiled a diverse list of the bests, so it has something for everyone.
1. Coffee Mug Warmer, Home, Office, Black
- 17 watt mug warmer for use with coffee, tea, hot cocoa & more
- Easy to tote and take anywhere
- Surface easily wipes clean
- On/off switch with indicator light
First off is the simple and slick looking mug warmer from Mr. Coffee. Its plain black color and design perfectly suits the atmosphere in your workplace, office, and at home as well.
With its 17 watts of power, it will keep your tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and all other hot drinks warm even on the coldest days of winter. You don’t have to go through the pain of drinking lukewarm or cold hot beverages anymore.
Plus, thanks to its long-extended length power cord, you can plug it near any power supply in the room. This makes it very convenient for anyone to use it without any restrictions and issues.
This coffee cup warmer also has a handy power indicator. The red light turns on as you plug it in the power source, so you are aware and don’t end up leaving the power on unattended for too long.
Moreover, it fits almost any cup sizes and styles, providing an even and stable distribution of heat throughout the mug. It makes sure to keep your drink just warm and not too hot for you to have a cozy warm drink every time.
It measures 1.3 inches in length, 5.2 inches in width, and 8.6 inches in height, a perfect compact size. So, you can conveniently carry it around with you to work, during travel, any place you go!
- Boastsan extended length power cord
- Compactsize; easy to carry around
- Fits most cup styles and sizes
- Sportsa useful power-on light indicator
- Keeps the drink perfectly warm, not too hot
- Needs a silicone lid to work more effectively
- Not for people who want their drinks too hot
2. VOBAGA Coffee Mug Warmer & Cup Warmer for Office Desk
- ☕3-Temperature Settings: Our electric mug warmer can slow down the...
- ☕Automatic Shut Off: This cup warmer with an auto shut-off function...
- ☕Use Suitable Mugs: use a thin-walled, flat, or slightly...
- ☕Safe & Durable: With high-tech materials make the coffee warmer...
If you want a mug warmer with options and more control, then you have found it! It has not only a temperature setting but also an auto turn-off function to give you peace of mind.
You can set the cup to three temperatures with the setting button; they are 104°F or 40°C, 131°F or 55°C, and 149°F or 65°C. So, you can choose from hot to warm temperatures easily. Alongside that, the auto shut off feature adds that extra protection.
This safety feature comes in handy when you forget to unplug it or leave it with the power on for too long. If left on power for 4 hours, the device will turn off on its own but will show a blue light indicating the plate is still hot to touch.
But it’s just the start of what makes it the best electric cup warmer. It has other safety measures, such as the plate being spill-proof and resistant to fire and heat. Plus, with its 60 inches long UL power cord, it is not only convenient to use around the house but also safer than most brands.
Besides that, it also has a standard UL1026 certification for passing the safety guidelines, making it a guaranteed safe product to use. The dimension of the warmer is around 7.5 inches in length, 5.3 inches in width, and 1.3 inches in height.
Moreover, it is suitable for most types of cup material, starting from stainless steel to glass, ceramic, etc. However, the manufacturer recommends any cup with thin walls, flat or slightly concave bottom for the best and most satisfying results.
- Comes with three different temperature settings
- Automatically shuts off after 4 hours of idle time
- Spill-proof, fire, and heat resistant
- UL1026 certified with safety guarantee
- Sportsa 60 inches long UL power cord
- The beep touchpad sound can get annoying
3. Disney Mickey Mouse Mug Warmer
- Keeps hot beverages and soups Warm
- Convenient cord length for use anywhere
- Perfect for home or office
- Illuminated Mickey power light
Whether it is for your kids, or you want something cuter and extra for your mug warmer, this one with Disney’s popular Mickey Mouse will bring you joy with its cute design along with keeping your beverages warm.
It has a 3 ½ inches diameter warming plate, which is ideal for placing most cups and bowls. Whether it is tea, coffee, or a bowl of soup, you can keep them warm and toasty. It also has the character icon on the plate!
However, if you do fail to get a perfect warmth using other cups or bowls, it comes with a ceramic Mickey mug, just made for the warmer. The cup can hold up to 12 ounces or 354 milliliters of liquid.
The power supply of the mug warmer is about 30 watts, so it can keep your beverages warm and hot as well if needed. It weighs around 1.1 pounds or 0.5 kilograms, and you can easily carry it with you wherever you go.
Along with that, it also has a long power cord up to 64 inches! Thus, letting you use it wherever in the room and anywhere without a hassle.
Other than that, the power button also has the cute Mickey Mouse character icon, and it illuminates when on! It is great for the office or at home to keep your hot drinks hot or warm to your liking.
- Keeps drinks warm or hot
- Packsa long power cord up to 64 inches
- Comes with a ceramic cup
- Equipped witha 30 watts power supply
- Cute Mickey Mouse dedicated design
- Warmer plate can get really hot
- Gives off a burning plastic smell on the first few uses
4. Nor pro Decorative Cup Warmer
- Great for use at the office, home, dorm and travel!
- Heated plate keeps your mug warm, so you can take your time and enjoy...
- Nonstick heating element measures 3.75” / 9.5cm and easily wipes...
- Includes on/off switch with neon light indicator and an extra long...
Here, we have a cup warmer from a company that has been around since the 1970s and specializes in kitchen gadgets and kitchenware of all kinds. This mug warmer could be the ideal one you have been looking for, and with its affordable price, it is popular for being the best coffee mug warmer on the market.
The warmer has a measurement of 5 inches in length, 5 inches in width, and 1.5 inches in height. This makes it a compact and ideal size to use in your home, office, dorm, and also while traveling.
Along with that, the warmer plate measures around 3.75 inches and fits most styles and sizes of cups or mugs. It is sturdy and doesn’t give off any burning smell when on.
Moreover, it is also non-stick, so you don’t have to worry about any accidental spills staining the plate.It easily wipes off clean with a cleaning cloth.
It has a power supply of 120 volts–24 watts, perfect for warming up your lukewarm cup of tea, hot cocoa or coffee, and other hot drinks. It also has a long 60 inches power cord, all of which has been approved by UL.
Besides that, it has a power on and off switch with a light indicator. The light is neon, which makes it hard to miss. Its beautiful marble pattern design also makes it a very attractive piece in your home.
- Equipped with a power supply of 120 volts–24 watts
- UL approved
- Sportsa long 60 inches power cord
- Comes with a neon power light indicator
- Non-stick warmer plate
- The bottom of the device gets hot sometimes
5. Cosori Coffee Mug Warmer & Mug Set
- Perfect Match: It is a wise choice to match your mug warmer with a...
- High Tech Details: Cosori's coffee warmer features touch-tech...
- Matching Mug: Food-grade 304 stainless steel 17oz mug is built with a...
- Reliable and Durable: A high-tech PI film heating element allows the...
This is the upgraded version of their best selling mug warmers. It is of premium quality and has a much better thermal conductivity than their previous set, so you can expect great performance from it.
The set comes with the usual coffee mug heater and a coffee mug, both of which are stainless steel. But there is no need to worry, as it is a 304 stainless steel that is food grade and FDA-approved, and it won’t leak harmful chemicals or metals into your drink.
It is also corrosion-free, so you can use it for a long time. Besides that, the heating plate is a high-tech PI film, and being the hottest mug warmer, it can go up to 230°F or 110°C!
And so, your beverage will go up in temperatures around 77°F or 25°C to 158°F or 70°C.Plus, thanks to the cup’s heat-resistant handle along with the slip-resistant sleeve, you can get cozy with your warm cup of tea, coffee, etc., without getting burnt.
You can use other cups in your home as well, but you will get the best result by using their provided stainless steel mug. It has a holding capacity of 170 ounces or 500 milliliters.
Moreover, the warmer comes with many high-tech features, including touch-tech controls from the power button to temperature control. You can also switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature readings, which shows in an LED display.
- Made of premium materials
- FDA-approved and food-grade quality stainless steel
- Keeps beverage around 77°F or 25°C to 158°F or 70°C
- Stainless steel mug has heat resistant handle and slip-resistant sleeve
- Sports high-tech LED display features
- The stainless steel cup gets too hot to take a sip
6. Cosori Coffee Mug Warmer
- A Classic Model: Keep your drinks warm with this coffee warmer,...
- Customize Temperatures: Adjust the temperature from 77°–230°F /...
- Digital Display: View the current temperature of the heating plate on...
- Spill Resistant: Equipped with a high-tech Pi film heating element,...
If you are having trouble with the newer upgraded one, then you might want to try the original version. It is also known for being one of the best selling mug warmers out there.
As one of the biggest complaints when it comes to these warmers is the temperature, this has fully adjustable temperature control! So, it doesn’t matter if you like your drinks hot or lukewarm, you can do it all to your preferences.
This makes it a good choice for people with different likings. You can keep your drinks as warm as 131°F or 55°C and even maintain it at room temperature if you want to.
While the plate does fit most cup sizes you can find, due to the plate’s flat shape, it is best to use a mug or cup with the same flat bottom. To get more satisfying results, the manufacturer recommends using a lid as well, such as the c1601-cm from their brand.
Similar to the upgraded version, you can switch between temperature readings of Fahrenheit and Celsius simply but touching the two arrow buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. It also has a handy blue backlight for power-on indication.
Additionally, if the quality of the stainless steel worries you, then don’t worry because it has approval from the FCC and UL. It is also spill-proof, so it won’t short out if you spill the liquid on the plate.
- Fully adjustable temperature
- FCC and UL approved
- Possible to change between Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature readings
- Equipped with a handy blue backlight for power-on indication
- Has a hard time keeping beverage hot sometimes
7. Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug
- Keeps your hot drink at the exact temperature you prefer (between 120...
- 1 hour battery life on a single charge. Or keep the Ember Mug on the...
- Control with your smartphone. Pair with the Ember App to set your...
- Safe to hand wash. Ember Mug is IPX7 rated and fully submersible up to...
One of the most innovative and expensive ones on our list, it is a smart mug that will keep your drinks warm without the need for an extended warmer plate. It is also considered the best heated coffee mug and allows a completely adjustable temperature setting as well.
It starts with a 135°F or 57°C temperature, but you can adjust by lowering or upping the temperature between 120°F or 48°C to 145°F or 62°C. Thus, you can easily get your desired temperature beverage at any time.
Besides that, it has an LED light indicator, and you can customize the color to your liking before the order! The mug has a capacity of 295 milliliters or, for theUS consumers, 414 milliliters.
This smart cup has battery-powered technology, and it can last up to a full one hour on a single charge. But it can be a hassle to keep charging it every few hours, so you can simply place it on the charging coaster.
You can keep it on the charging coaster for as long as you want as you are working or studying while keeping your drink consistently at the temperature you want. The mug is also ceramic and won’t burn your lips at high temperatures.
Moreover, you can control it with your smartphone. From setting and adjusting the temperature to receiving notifications, you can do it all with the app. It also has an IPX7 rating, so you can wash it without worry.
- Adjustable temperature between 120°F to 145°F
- Possible to control with a smartphone
- Waterproof; has an IPX7 rating
- Can be washed without worry
- Holds up to 295 milliliters of liquid
- Shows delamination on the inside with continuous use
8. Mug Warmer, Desktop Heated Coffee & Tea – Candle & Wax Warmer
No products found.
If you are searching for a simple and cheap mug warmer, this can be one of your best choices. It is a plastic desk coffee warmer and does a good job of making sure your drink is always warm.
The plastic body of the warmer is very sturdy and durable. And you don’t have to worry about any melting or funky smell while it is warming up your drink!
It has a slick and low-profile design, and with the addition of the lightweight materials used, it is suitable to carry around during travel, going to the office, university, and more.
Moreover, it has a bright power-on indicator light on the warmer along with the power on and off switch on the cord.
Along with that, the warmer plate, which measures about 3.5 inches in diameter, is a perfect fit for most average cups and mugs on the market. However, the manufacturer advises avoiding any other type of materials except for glass and ceramic.
Other than that, it is suitable to use as a candle and wax warmer as well! So, it is multifunctional as well as affordable.
- Low and cheap price point
- Sturdy and durable plastic body
- Lightweight and portable
- Suitable to use as a candle and wax warmer
- UL approved 17 watts power supply cord
- Not suitable for other mugs except for ceramic and glass
No products found.
9. Wireless Qi-Certified Fast Charger with Mug Warmer
- ⚡ FAST WIRELESS CHARGING⚡: A great gift for dad this holiday...
- KEEP YOUR ☕ HOT: Coffee is only good cold when you intend it to be....
- OR KEEP IT CHILL ❄️: Tired of your ice cubes melting and watering...
- WE GET YOU. WE GOT YOU: Designed in Detroit for people who want to...
This is the second of the most innovative and technical ones on the list. However, the best thing about it is that it is not as expensive as you might expect looking atits features and slick modern design.
One thing you should understand about the product is that it definitely is not your average mug warmer. It has both a heated plate and a cooling plate! So, you get twice the convenience of being able to keep your cold and hot beverages at the right temperature.
And this means no more melted ice cubes in your cold drinks! It comes with a food-grade aluminum alloy mug as well but can fit most size cups or mugs and cans too.
That is not its only multifunctional use! Get ready, because you can also charge your phone with it! It has a built-in Qi charger on the other side, which allows wireless charging anywhere. It is suitable for 10 watts and 7.5 watts compatible phones only.
Adding to the convenience, it has an LED indicator light on both sides to tell you that the unit is on and working. All in all, this makes it an excellent device for use while working on your desktop.
Besides, the unique coffee cup hot plate design holds your cup in place, be it flat-bottomed or concave. The whole unit is relatively lightweight as well, weighing only 2.5 pounds or 1.1 kilograms.
- Multipurpose device
- Can keep drinks cold and hot
- Uses wireless Qi charging technology
- SportsLED power indicator on both sides
- Lightweight and inexpensive
- The provided cup’s rim gets too hot
- The cooling fan for the phone charger can be loud
What to Look for Before Buying?
If you are still not sure what to get, then our simple guide will put you into perspective to help you decide. Just answer the questions honestly, and you will have your final answer at the end.
A mug warmer serves different purposes, but you can find the right type for where you typically will be using it to get the most out of it. Generally, we can place them into two categories: for the office or workplace and at home. But there are also multipurpose designs.
If you are simply buying one for using it where you work, then there are a lot of options for you, and most of them are usually expensive. Their design typically warms up more than one cup and has good heating power with options to keep it warm and hot. However, with great construction, they also last for years.
Next, if you will mostly be using it in your home while studying or being cozy, these cup warmers are the most inexpensive. They have a pretty simple design and keep the drink warm for as long as you want.
But if you want to get more benefit out of it, then there are the multifunctional mug warmers as well. Like the one on our mug warmer review, it can keep your drinks warm or cold, or it can additionally charge your phone, or you can use it for melting wax and candles, etc.
There are also ones that have an auto shut-off feature, which can be useful if you think you might forget and leave it on for longer than it will be safe. Learn How to Make a Hand Warmer Mug?
Next, always consider you will face a situation where the power source is far away in the room than you want. For such cases, you want the power cord of the warmer no less than 50 inches.
Luckily, all the ones we reviewed have a power cord no less than 60 inches. This gives you more freedom as well, whether you like to place it on your desk while working or studying or any other places you can keep an eye on it.
Ease of Transportation
Most people like their coffee or tea hot. And when you have a cup warmer, you want to be able to use it everywhere you go. So, it is very important you consider one that is portable.
Try to look out for the right size and shape for you to be able to carry it with you in your bag, luggage, etc. A portable size also means you can use it in your car.
While longer cord lengths may pose the trouble of getting tangled up, there is also the option for cordless or wireless versions. These you can use anywhere, given the portable size, and most of them are not that expensive either.
However, if you don’t want to carry it with you, this option is still practical as the portable ones don’t take many workspaces.
Price vs. Value
Lastly, right before you have made your choice, think about the brand. Are you familiar with it? Do people recommend them? If not, the best-case scenario is for you to choose another one.
Expensive or not, it will still be a waste of money if it doesn’t end up working as you wanted. It is always safe to go for brands that have multiple products in the category and have experience in the field.
Other than that, it makes everything easier if you start with a budget. If you are willing to spend a certain amount of money on the product, chances are high you will find the best cup warmer that perfectly fits all your descriptions.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1. How does a mug warmer work?
The mug warmers have coils on their bases, which heat up on power, and this thermal energy transfers to the cup. And it eventually turns your drink warm or hot. Read details here
#2. Are they safe?
Yes, most mug warmers from reputable brands are totally safe. It is the ones you have not heard about or made cheaply that can be dangerous.
#3. How hot does a mug warmer get?
A typical mug warmer warms the liquid to about 120°F to 140°F. However, it is not the heated plate’s temperature; it is much hotter than your cup will get.
#4. Can you put a paper cup on a mug warmer?
It can get dangerous quickly, so we don’t recommend doing it. Since the paper cup is flammable, it can possibly catch on fire if left on for long. There is also the tendency of leaking from the cups, which could cause a short circuit.
#5. Will Ember heat up cold coffee?
No, the product construction and design are for keeping hot drinks warm or hot. Since it isn’t a smart mug, it fails to register cold liquid and, therefore, doesn’t do much.
If you still have not considered getting one, then you can start now! Being able to keep your hot drink warm all the time can be life-changing, and we hope our article has helped you find the best mug warmer you could imagine.