Many people adore bagels bites. This delicious combination of bagels and pizza comes in a wide variety of flavors to suit everyone’s taste.
As described on the package, Bagel Bites can be baked, toasted, or microwaved.
But you can also cook Bagel Bites in the air fryer too!
What are the cooking instructions for bagels in an air fryer? In general, Agel Bites can be cooked in an air fryer or in an oven. In an air fryer set at 375°F, the bite-size snacks will take five to six minutes to cook.
It is also possible to cook Bagel Bites in the oven, a toaster oven, or a microwave using the steps outlined in this article.
The Bagel Bites you make will also be explained in great detail.
What Are Bagel Bites?
Pizza and bagels are combined into bite-sized snacks called Baggel Bites. Invented in 1985 by Bob Mosher & Stanley Garkzynski, these mini snacks are an addictive snack.
Mosher and Garkzynski, who were once tennis partners, built a successful business together and then sold it to Heinz in 1991. Today, Bagel Bites is a subsidiary of Kraft Heinz.
Bagel Bite is available in six varieties. A popular variety is Cheese & Pepperoni.
Additionally, you may select from five different types of pizza – Cheese, Sausage & Pepperoni, Mozzarella, Three Cheese, Extreme Nacho, and Supreme.
By the way, the same brand produces Breakfast Bites in addition to the above-mentioned varieties. There are bites with eggs, bacon, cheese, and other typical breakfast ingredients.
The bagels come in a variety of sizes – usually 9 to 40 pieces per package. Crisping trays are placed in a box with nutrition information and instructions about how to cook the snacks in the crisping tray.
How To Store Bagel Bites
After you bring the Bagel Bites home, you should place them in the freezer. In this way, they will remain fresh for a very long time. For approximately one year, you will be able to store them in the freezer.
Even after that time, the snack is probably safe to consume. Keep in mind, however, that food loses taste and texture as it ages.
Therefore, Bagel Bites can be consumed beyond the ‘Best by’ date. The product’s maximal shelf life is only an estimate of how long it can retain its finest qualities of flavor and texture.
The remaining bites from the package should be stored properly to avoid getting freezer burn if you want to return the rest of the bagel bites to the freezer.
Put the frozen bagel bites in an airtight bag or wrap the box with cling wrap.
Check the Bagel Bites for signs of spoilage if you have stored them improperly or have had the bites for longer than the date on the package.
In the event of severe freezer burn or discoloration, throw away the bagel bites.
The consumption of freezer-burned bagel bites is not harmful. Although the bites will taste less tasty and come out with a less appealing texture when cooked.
3 Things You Should Know Before You Cook Bagel Bites
The only thing you need is a bag of bagel bites. The process of preparing and enjoying them isn’t complicated at all. Before you prepare Bagel Bites, you should know a few things.
- You should always ensure that the bagel bites reach 165°F, regardless of what method you use. Food thermometers can help you to verify this. Defining when they are properly cooked will become second nature after a few times of cooking Bagel Bites.
- Different bagel varieties will require different baking times. A few minutes longer are required to cook some varieties of Bagel Bites, including the Supreme and Mozzarella varieties. If you want to bake the bites, please check the instructions on the box.
- Bagel Bites come in four pieces per serving. If you are serving Bagel Bites to family or guests, remember this point.
Can You Cook Bagel Bites In An Air Fryer?
People who want to eat healthier food are turning to air fryers as a cooking appliance. It does not require oil. By passing hot air through the food, it makes it crisp.
Fried food is healthier when it is cooked in the air fryer. Bagel Bites don’t contain any oil, so it makes no difference.
Bagel Bites can definitely be cooked in an air fryer.
How To Cook Bagel Bites In An Air Fryer
Air-frying Bagel Bites does not affect their flavor at all. Air fryers do make your food crunchy since the hot air cooks the inside while crispening the outside because of the heated air.
This recipe for Air Fryer Bagel Bites will walk you through the steps.
- Prepare the air fryer by preheating it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Please remove the Bagel Bites from the package as many times as you need.
- Heat the air fryer and cook the bagels. Avoid crowding. Be sure to leave some space between the bites in the basket so they can cook evenly in the air fryer.
- 5-6 minutes at 325°F is sufficient to air fry bagel bites. Make sure the pizza bites do not get overcooked by checking them after 5 minutes.
- Let the Bagel Bites sit for 1-2 minutes after they are removed from the air fryer.
Bagel Bites Air Fryer Time
In the air fryer, the bagel bites need to be cooked for 5-6 minutes after they are cut into slices. It is important to keep in mind, however, that not every air fryer is alike.
It is possible that the cook time will vary depending on the different temperatures of air fryers.
To avoid overcooking, we recommend checking the bagel bites after five minutes. The bites may need to be taken out or left to further cook for 1-2 minutes depending on your air fryer.
Other Cooking Methods For Cooking Bagel Bites
Although not every household has an air fryer, Bagel Bites can still be cooked in a few different ways.
According to the manufacturer, while air fryers are great for cooking Bagel Bites, there are more efficient ways to prepare them.
There is information on the box of these frozen snacks regarding how to prepare Bagel Bites in a microwave, oven, or toaster oven.
The manufacturer may also suggest considering the cooking time and temperature of your device, as they may vary from one device to another.
This step-by-step discussion shows you how to make Bagel Bites in the microwave, in the oven, and in a toaster oven.
Adding a microwavable element to Bagel Bites will give you soft, melt in your mouth snacks. The 9 Bagel Bites take only two and a half minutes to cook in a microwave of 1100 watts.
The following is a recipe for microwave Bagel Bites.
- Put the crisping tray in the box. Place the bites on the tray and remove the plastic wrapper.
- In the microwave, place the shiny side of the crisping tray.
- Turn the microwave on HIGH and place it in the middle.
- 2 minutes 30 seconds should be enough time to cook the bagel bites.
- Serve the bites after 60 seconds of sitting.
Baking in the oven will give you Bagel Bites with a crisper finish than cooking in the microwave. To bake bagel bites, follow these steps.
- During the preparation of the frozen bites, preheat the oven to 425°F. The oven will reach the required temperature.
- Pull the Bagel Bites out of the crisping tray and the box. Crisping trays can be microwaved but never baked.
- Bake your baked goods on a parchment-lined baking sheet. The pan does not need to be oiled if parchment paper is not used.
- On the baking sheet, arrange the Bagel Bites leaving some room between them. Doing so ensures even cooking.
- Turn on the oven and place the baking sheet there. The sheet should neither be placed on top nor bottom of the oven. The top of the bites will burn if the baking sheet is placed too high, while the bottom remains raw. However, if you place the baking sheet too low, the bottom will remain raw.
- For the recommended baking time, bake the bagel bites. In order to be on the safe side, keep an eye on the bites while cooking to ensure they don’t burn. I usually cook 9 frozen bagel bites in the oven for 14 minutes.
- Upon completion of the cooking process, remove the Bagel Bites from the oven. After 60 seconds, serve.
It is a good idea to use a toaster oven to cook only a few Bagel Bites. The following instructions describe how to cook bagels in a toaster oven.
- A toaster oven should be preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the Crisping Tray and the box the Bagel Bites comes in.
- Toaster oven trays can be topped with Bagel Bites. Depending on how many pieces you want to make, you may need two baking sessions because toaster oven trays are typically small.
- For around 16 minutes, bake nine bagel bites.
- You should let the bites rest for 60 seconds after removing the baking tray from the toaster oven.
Are Bagel Bites Easy to Make?
You can make your own bagel bites with just a few ingredients if you don’t find a flavor combination you like in commercially manufactured bagel bites.
The following items will be needed:
- Bagel minis
- Sauce for pizza
- Cheese, such as mozzarella
- Slices of Peteroni
- Your choice of toppings
How To Make Bagel Bites
Bagel bites from scratch take more time to make than frozen snacks that are already baked. However, it is still fairly easy to make.
- A temperature of 450°F is required for baking. As the oven reaches its desired temperature, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice each mini bagel in half. You will have two bagel bites per mini bagel. The recipe makes 8 bagels bites (2 servings) with only 4 mini bagels.
- Place the mini bagel slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can skip it. You will not have to wash the baking sheet since you will add cheese to the bagels.
- Around 5 minutes is enough time to brown the top of the bagels.
- Add the toppings to the bagels after they have been removed from the oven. Slices of pepperoni, cheese, and sauce are some of the toppings you can choose from. Vegetables such as pepperoni, tomatoes, and mushrooms can be substituted for the pepperoni. If you like, you can make all-cheesy bagel bites as well.
- Bake the bagel bites again. It is best to place the bites on the middle rack so that both sides will be evenly cooked.
- For 10-15 minutes, cook the bagel bites. Depending on your oven, the cooking time will differ. To make sure you haven’t overcooked the mini bagels, check on them after 8-9 minutes.
- After taking the homemade bagel bites out of the oven, let them cool for a moment, then serve.
Are Bagel Bites Good For You?
These nostalgic treats aren’t healthy, but they sure are nostalgic. The mini pizzas are high in calories and low in nutrients.
Each serving of Cheese & Pepperoni Bagel Bites contains approximately 190 calories. Despite containing 7 grams of protein per serving, the bites are high in sodium.
It doesn’t matter which variety of bagel bites you have, they all have unhealthy ingredients and additives.
It’s okay to snack on Bagel Bites whenever you like. However, don’t heat them too much. Balance out your diet with some healthy and fresh snacks.