Breaded chicken, tomato sauce, and cheese make up the ingredients of chicken parmesan.
In addition to making a quantity of chicken parm, you should always make enough for leftovers to give you a simple and quick dinner the next day.
Another scenario is that you bring home leftover chicken parm from a restaurant and wonder how to reheat it to melt the cheese and not let it become too dry.
Here’s how you can reheat chicken parm so it’s as delicious as possible.
So, how do you reheat chicken parm? In the oven is the best way. In an oven-safe container lined with aluminum foil, place the chicken parm and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. The dish may also be reheated in a microwave, skillet, or air fryer.
You’ll discover how to heat up chicken parmesan, how to store leftovers properly, and how to use them in creative ways.
What Is Chicken Parm?
Parmesan chicken, also known as chicken parmigiana, consists of breaded chicken breasts that are covered with a thick tomato sauce and then topped with mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese.
In order for the cheese to melt and the sauce to warm, the chicken parm is baked.
A group of Italians living abroad created it in the 1900s.
In addition to melanzane alla parmigiana and cotoletta, this dish could have been inspired by two other classic Italian dishes.
A world-favorite classic, regardless of its origins!
Learn more about How To Store Uncooked Tapioca Pearls?
How To Reheat Chicken Parm In The Microwave
Microwaving your chicken parm is the best option if you’re in a hurry since it takes less time.
As long as you keep the cheese and sauce warm, your chicken parm will still have the same melting texture as it does if it’s heated in the oven. If you want to reheat it, follow these steps:
- Make sure the plate can be microwaved.
- On the plate, arrange the chicken parmesan. It is a good idea to cover the chicken with a microwave-safe cover to keep the microwave clean.
- Use a medium heat setting on your microwave, and set a 1-minute timer.
- Once the cheese has melted, check to see whether the center has warmed. Repeat the microwave procedure if necessary.
- Once you have reached your desired temperature, you can stop cooking your chicken.
- Put the plate in the microwave, microwave for about 30 seconds, then remove.
How To Reheat Chicken Parm In The Oven
To ensure that your chicken parm retains its crispiness, make sure you reheat it in the oven.
When cheese melts and the breading crisps, cheese and breading are combined. For an oven-cooked chicken, follow the steps below.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure the dish you use for your oven-roasted chicken is deep enough so that aluminum foil can fit over it. You can use a pie plate or a small cake pan.
- In the bottom of the pan, pour a small amount of olive oil and spread it around to cover the bottom.
- Wrap aluminum foil loosely around your chicken parm dish to keep it warm.
- For 15 minutes, bake the chicken until warmed through. The aluminum foil should be removed after 10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt completely.
- You can now enjoy your chicken parmesan once it has been heated through.
How To Reheat Chicken Parm In An Air Fryer
Using an air fryer is a great way to keep leftovers warm and crispy while reheating them.
Air fryer chicken parmesan must not be reheated while still frozen. The following steps should be followed after the chicken is defrosted.
- The air fryer should be preheated to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pre-heat the air fryer, and make the chicken parmesan by placing it on a baking tray or rack that is compatible with the air fryer.
- The cheese should be crispy and melted, and your chicken should be cooked through after 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy your food after it has been air fried.
How To Reheat Chicken Parm On A Stovetop
You can reheat your chicken on the stovetop, while still keeping it relatively crispy, without turning on the oven. It’s a pretty simple and quick method if you follow these steps.
- On medium heat, place a skillet. The best way to make chicken parm is in cast iron skillets, but any skillet will do.
- Cooking oil should be added to the pan after it has been heated for about 30 seconds.
- The cheese side of the chicken should face up in the skillet. You may want to turn down the heat slightly. You can cover it with a lid.
- 3-5 minutes should be enough time for the chicken to warm through. If your stovetop is extremely hot, you may want to keep the temperature down so the chicken’s bottom doesn’t burn.
- After this step is complete, the cheese and chicken should be melted and warm through.
How Long Can You Keep Leftover Chicken Parm In The Fridge?
A quick and easy meal is always nice to have with leftovers. When does chicken parm go bad in the fridge?
In general, if it is kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it should last 3-5 days.
Chicken parm will last longer if you store it separately from the sauce so the chicken won’t get soggy. You can only do this if the chicken and sauce haven’t already been baked together.
For every container you keep in the fridge, tape the date and the contents of the container on the tape so that you will know when it has passed its use-by date.
Can You Freeze Chicken Parm?
There might be a reason why you don’t want to eat chicken parm in the near future, such as making a big batch of it.
If you have leftover chicken parmesan, you might wonder whether it can be frozen. It can be frozen. You can store it in the freezer for about nine months.
For your leftover chicken parm to be frozen, follow these steps:
- Make sure leftover chicken parmesan is completely cooled before storing. When I freeze it, I usually let it chill overnight.
- As soon as the chicken parmesan is cooled, it should be wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Once the chicken parmesan pieces have been wrapped, transfer them to a freezer bag. Tightly seal the bag with a lid. If you skip this step, your chicken parmesan will get freezer burn.
- Place a piece of masking tape on the freezer bag and write the date and contents.
- Chicken parm can be stored in the freezer for up to 9 months.
When you want to reheat your chicken parmesan, you should let it thaw first. Make sure to take chicken parmesan out of the freezer the night before cooking and let it thaw in the refrigerator.
Other Ways To Enjoy Chicken Parm
The type of chicken parmesan you choose depends on the mood you’re in.
As the main ingredient of a meal, it is served with a couple of sides. However, you can get creative by adding these side dishes:
- Enjoy a tasty chicken parm sandwich on your favorite bread. Slice your chicken parmesan in half lengthwise so that it fits into the bread if you plan on using a sub sandwich bun. Add some extra sauce, add some sandwich veggies, or eat it plain.
- Put it over pasta of your choice and slice it. You can add olive oil and garlic to pasta and serve chicken parmesan over top (raw or roasted). Pasta, linguine, penne or macaroni are all great for topping it.
- Bake chicken parmesan. If you have leftover chicken and you want to use it up, you can chop it into cubes, and add it to macaroni or penne with more tomato sauce. Cook at 350°F until heated through and cheese is bubbling, then top with more cheese.